Gary Gladstone <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 19:30:53 -0400
At 5:34 PM -0400 9/1/00, Jim Styer, Battle Creek MI wrote:
>Is there a way, let alone an easy way,
>to have the 3 yrs of list archives transferred over to
>the new group at eGroups?

We have been looking into this for some time now and there is not
easy way to do it unless you re-write them as a searchable database
and host them somewhere else. They will then not have the newly
aquired eGroup messages as part of them.

We have tried to hire folks to write the scripts needed and haven't
been successful.

We have sponsors links and messages in our headers and footers on our
lists so we don't want eGroups, with their sponsored mail, stealing
the advertising thunder or competing with our loyal paid sponsors.

GG
--

Gary Gladstone                                          Photo News Network
http://www.GLADSTONE.com                          http://www.photonews.net