Mon, 12 Oct 1992 18:20:05 -0400
All right, so the headers on some mailers might not show whence a message
*really* came (I had this happen to me by someone playing a joke: sending
me a message ostensibly from my own address -- it had me spooked, believe
me!).  Our mailer, indeed, deletes *all* headers save from: to: cc: and
subj:, which can be a dratted nuisance.

I assume, however, that the listserv *can* tell the difference?  I'm
thinking here of a moderated list, which won't let through messages from
addresses it does not recognize from the subscriber list.

And, out of idle curiosity, would it be possible to forge an address on
*any* mailer if one has the right codes or whatever it takes?  To the best
of my knowledge, the system we use here @brook supplies the from: address
automatically, we have no access to it to change it.

Mario Rups, co-listowner, ARCANA