Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:40:28 -0700
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:36:31 -0600, Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>... you could still, first set your list header
>Subscription keyword to CLOSED, and then do a
>quiet del LISTNAME *@*
>couldn't you?

Yes, this would be a good thing to do.  By way of example, here is the List
Header for [log in to unmask] a list for a discontinued
version of LISTSERV where we wanted to stop all further list traffic but
leave the old message archives open for searching.

L-Soft's LISTSERV(R) for Windows 95/98 Archives Only

Owner= [log in to unmask]
Owner= Quiet:
Owner= [log in to unmask] (Ben Parker)

Send= Owner,confirm

(This setting effectively prevents any postings to the list
All attempts, even with forged address, and all listname-request emails (and
all error reports, if any go to a discard address.)

Editor= [log in to unmask]

Errors-To= Owner

Closed to posting and new subscriptions 2002.10.04 by BP
 after the Shareware product was discontinued.
Message Archives to remain open to the public.

Notebook= Yes,E:\LISTS\LISTSERV95-L,Monthly,Public
Digest= No
Attachments= No
Auto-Delete= No
Change-Log= Yes
Validate= yes,confirm
Notify= No
Default-Options= NOPOST
Sizelim= 1
(to prevent messages of any useful size)
Language= NOHTML
Subscription= Closed
Confidential= No
Reply-to= List,ignore