Marion GUNN <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 12:10:23 +0000
Two comments on two topics (am CC:ing this msg to both LSTOWN-L & TEST-XX).
     (a) I like the new probe feature, and hope it will work with GAELIC-L;
     (b) Whatever works for http://lists.oulu.fi/saminet/html/threads.html!
(Flagging msgs to which these comment belong a & b, and attaching for ref.)
Marion Gunn
co-owner, GAELIC-L

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996 00:01:04 +0200 Automatic digest processor said:
(a)
>I *have* used specific dates.  Used it when I put in RENEW after years
>without it.  Used a specific date to flush out all possible deadwood
>subs, which it did.  Of course it also caught a lot of current subs and,
>yes, it was a big mess.  But I was sure it would be, told Judith to send
>any gripes or problems associated with it to me and I'ld deal with them,
>then grinned and bore it.  Once past the initial storm I changed the
>keyword to an interval rather than a date (yearly).  But I did achieve my
>goal of getting rid of the deadwood nomail subs (one person had 15 of them!).
>
>You might want to wait until you can get this new "probe" feature Eric
>has been using, might be a closer fit to what you want.
>
>Douglas
>       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
>                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
>                              MEDLAB-L

 (b)