Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:19:41 -0700
On Sep 20,  2:07pm, "Russell, D (Duncan)" wrote:
} Subject: Re: sending attachments - similar note
} Sorry to follow up this thread with another question but if you post an
} attachment to a list and it is  stored in a monthly archive can the
} subscribers ever actually get that attachment from the archives. It strikes
} me that once in the form of an archive the attachment would be effectively
} lost.
}
} Is this right  ?

Almost.

With a standard email client there is no way to get the attachment out
of the archive.  What you could do is save the archive as a text file,
edit it (with something like Kedit) to isolate the actual attachment
(which will look like a long string of gibberish) along with its mime
headers,  and save that in a seperate text file.  Then open the second
file with Winzip or something similar which will then recognize it and
extract the file.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign rexx.com      +1 770-321-6507