Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 11:37:30 -0400
On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 00:33:15 -0500, Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>You don't think either of my kludge workarounds would work?

Locking a list (by doing a GET of the header and keeping it locked) will also
prevent people from signing off at any time they might want to.  Responsible
mailing practices suggest this is never a good idea, and a great way to get
people extremely angry.

The desired characteristics are similar to those of typical one-way lists of
which we at L-soft host many for our business customers.  Digest is probably not
the best option, since most likely there is only one daily 'newsletter' style
message anyway.  I forgot to mention that you also need to set the timing of the
DIGEST in the DIGEST= command, which is separate from the PRIME=.