Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:32:17 -0700
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:56:39 -0000, S Lamido
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>How do we fix it so the banner does not keep muliplying when people reply.
>Is there anyway to strip it out so it only appears once.

As far as I know, this isn't possible to do within LISTSERV.  It's primarily a
user-education issue, or you would have to run all emails through some kind of
3rd party filtering program.

(No, you cannot use LISTSERV's CONTENT_FILTER for this.  The BOTTOM_BANNER is
added to the message before the CONTENT_FILTER is applied, so the
CONTENT_FILTER will trap on even 1 instance of the bottom banner, which is not
desirable.  A LIST_EXIT could be written for this, but it requires
Server_Admin privs to apply that.)