Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 23:09:53 EST
On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:02:28 -0500 you said:
>An owner wants to prevent people from signing off of a list.  How can we do
> this?  If we have Notify=Yes, we can see when they sign off and put them back

Your idea would work only to the point of adding back people who sign off the
list after they sign off, but it certainly won't stop anyone from signing off
the list. The  only way I can  see to prevent individuals from  signing off a
Listserv list at  all is to make sure  the list is always locked  so that any
submit requests will not be processed by Listserv.

And for the person who expressed dismay  that a list would exist where people
could not sign off.  There are lots of reasons why such  a situation may come
about. On the two  Listservs which I run, we have hundreds  of lists on which
certain   people  must   be  subscribed   either   as  part   of  their   job
responsibilities or for course requirements.

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.