Aaron Barnhart <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 21:57:45 -0600
Hi, all.  Not here to create a lot of noise but I prefer to introduce
myself on mailing lists I join.  I'm Aaron Barnhart, owner of two
distribution mailing lists: [log in to unmask] (7,000), a weekly
newsletter I write about late night television; and TOPTEN@
LISTSERV.CLARK.NET (55,000!), which passes around the David Letterman
Top Ten List five nights per week.

LATE SHOW NEWS's site runs on listproc, which may eclipse Majordomo very
soon as my least favorite listserver program.  I just discovered that
for the second time, almost like the Dow Industrials, my membership has
tumbled from 7,000 to 6,200 -- not because people unsubscribed but
because listproc *lost* their names.  LISTSERV, by contrast, has served
me extremely well as I attempt to stay on top of one of the larger public
Internet mailing lists around.  I see that Eric Thomas posts here but
I swear I'm not sucking up, just telling it like it is.  Looking forward
to the discussion here.