Paul Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 15:21:39 -0400
At 10:24 AM 10/8/1999 -0400, Pete Weiss wrote:
> >GET DEFAULT MAILTPL
> >
> >Look through it (big file!) for the default letter. (Try a search on
> >'signup' to locate it quickly. It's the third or fourth instance in the
> >file.) Edit the message in the file.
> >
> >Send the whole thing back with this line above it:
> >
> >PUT list_name MAILTPL PW=xxxxxxxx
>End Reply
>
>Not really.
>
>Send back only those sections that you need to "override" the default.

[I am trying to create my own WELCOME message for new subscribers.]

When I did that I got the following message:

File "SENIORSIGD-L MAILTPL" had already been deleted.

What does that mean? Was sometehing deleted that shouldn't?

Is my edited version the way I want it?

Is there a way I can test this (As a "list owner" I don't know what would
happen if I tried to signoff and then back on!).