Terry Oakes <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Dec 1994 08:37:17 -0400
>What about just copyrighting the welcome/info page which includes
>the listname and its use/meaning?  S.

The main reason for my question was because I chose a name for may listserv
that has the same name as an anti-depressant drug which is owned by a
pharmaceutical company.  I am assuming that the name is already
trademarked, so I don't want to get sued for using the same name.
I also don't want to spend money looking up trade marks to make sure that I
don't pick someone else's name, and even if I did someone could come along
a year down the road and trademark the name for some other product.  I
would be continually changing the name of my listserv.

I know there is no easy answer other than spending the money for
registration but I wanted to see if anyone had addressed this problem
before.

Would copywrighting the welcome message be a good proceedure to protect the
name of the listserv?

Terry Oakes
LithoBid