"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Jul 1994 15:15:00 EDT
>When I reviewed the list of subscribers to EMED-L, I noticed that a few had
>addresses like
>(Domain hghed has a UUCP mail-only feed from netcom.com.) When these were
>all changed to the equivalent
>all the ATTMAIL error messages stopped. I think someone's UUCP mail
>program is not coping well with the address of mail not bound for its system.

By your NOT receiving a bounce message, having changed the semantics
of the address, does NOT imply that the user is actually RECEIVING
the message (unless you have other info).

E.g., if you were to change from pmw1%psuvm.bitnet@pucc to
 pmw1@pucc, these would not be equivalent addresses.  What
 ever bounce you received (or more importantly in your case,
 do NOT receive) is not indicative of a successful transmission
 to the INTENDED END-USER'S mailbox.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask]   "Are you downsizing or dumbsizing?"  +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA