Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 Nov 1995 18:36:24 -0500
On Fri, 17 Nov 1995 22:01:32 -0600, Mark Hale wrote:
>I am on a large list where users are struggling with digest format (the
>list generates 100+ on a typical day).  A common theme is that there is too
>much mail to receive individually, but mail is too hard to filter in Digest
>format.

Have your users tried Index?  Compared to receiving individual messages,
Digest only reduces the amount of headers received.  The commercial version
of Eudora can filter individual messages into specified mailboxes.

MICRO-L is distributed by LISTSERV version 1.7 and consequently gets
spammed frequently.  Hence, I read it using INDEX and only receive messages
I choose to read.  Replying with Eudora is simply a matter of creative use
of cut and paste--no great problem (I read LSTOWN-L in Digest format).

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (860) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (860) 456-7725 fax
   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html