Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:17:48 -0500
On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Nathan Brindle wrote:
> When you INDEX AUTOCAT, do they show up?
>
> Have you tried a GET and PUT of the header?  This rebuilds/adds indexes
> to the web interface.

I get and put the header quite often.  Understand, this situation has
been in place for about a year.

INDEX AUTOCAT gets you the archives which are still in the Notebook=
path, currently '97 and '96 to date. It does NOT get you the old logs
which were separated, one year per file, still with the old log
designations.  If you want an index for any of these years you have
to specify the year, i.e.  INDEX AUTOCAT-1992   This material
CANNOT be searched via any LISTSERV search technique, be it web (yuck)
or email.  On the other hand, once you have identified the weekly
log which you think you might want (remember, you can't search)
you can use the regular   GET AUTOCAT LOG92xxx

I have tried and tried all the variations I can think of for the
search command for these files and nothing works, the old archives
are not searchable, making them little more than a curiosity.
No one wants to get those enormous files when they have no idea
whether or not the one(s) they get contain what they are looking for.

Douglas