John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 05:28:58 -0500
> I forgot to mention that the server sends us a message to be approved,
> so we've been thinking that we're controlling the messages all along.
> So, even though the messages go through whether they are approved or
> not, they are sent to us for approval.

I've never really did what you are doing but I would guess you are confusing
Listserv a bit with your crossed settings. 1st you have made all members editors
which can post freely, then you put them on REVIEW which sends their post to
the Editor (which they are) for approval, then you try to set them to NOEDITOR
which is a user setting.

I'm pretty sure the Editor keyword   has preference over NOEDITOR, REVIEW
and they shouldn't be used together. They (Editor keyword and EDITOR user
setting) essentially do the same things except the people used in the Keyword
Editor=  can be used in other Keywords like  Errors-To= EDITOR  whereas
those just set to EDITOR would not get the list errors. You must remember one
is a Keyword and one is a user setting and they have different uses for certain
things.

Your solution would be to keep your "Self-Moderated" list the way it is and not
try to REVIEW an editor (all subscribers), or do away with this setup (Editor=
listowner  Send= Editor) and just set subscribers to EDITOR if they can be
trusted or via the Default-Options= keyword.  Then if they need moderation,  just
set them to NOEDITOR  as you are trying to do now with REVIEW.

You should probably spend some time in chapters 2.12, 2.13 & 5.3