Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 16:45:13 -0400
On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Susan Dj Paduano wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >On Fri, 26 Jul 1996 14:55:27 -0400 Susan Dj Paduano said:
> >>I have someone on my list who is serving an nopost suspension for flaming
> >>people.  Now during her suspension, she as utilized the review command
> >>to send negative messages to all my list members about me.  Is there
> >>anyway I can make this invisible to her?
> >
> >* Review= Owners
>
> How do I set this up.  I just used the set command and it didn't work.
> Is the command: melissae * review= owners?

        I think you have to get your list's header (using the command
GET [listname] (HEADER and change the line with Review= to what was
suggested.  You then have to PUT the list header back--i.e., send it
back to Listserv with the Put line on top and the password changed from
XXXXXXX to whatever your password is.

        I might add that changing to Review= Owners may inconvenience
other subscribers, since no one but the listowners will be able to
access the subscriber list.  There are some good reasons to do that,
but you may want to consider instead just throwing the bozo off your
list and filter her so she can't get back on.  She sounds as if she
has amply deserved such a response.  Then, as long as you have your
list set to Review= Private, she will no longer be able to have access
to the membership list, though subscribers to your list will.

        Good luck!

        Joan Korenman