"Emily L. Peckman" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:02:44 -0400
On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Roger Fajman wrote:

> > > Just send to [log in to unmask]
> >
> > Now that the cat is out of the bag :)  Do you know if Listserv will except this
> > from just anyone, or does it have to come from the maintainer?
>
> It seems to accept it from anyone, unfortunately.

That has been my experience as well.  Whenever I use this alias, I make
sure to send it in the Bcc: field and *not* in the To: field of my mail
client.  I made the mistake once of sending it in the To: field and all
the replies to my message went to all 900+ list owners instead of just to
me.

Emily L. Peckman                          The George Washington University
LISTSERV Maintainer          IT Services, Information Systems and Services
[log in to unmask]                  voice (202)994-5842    fax (703)578-1456