Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 20:59:29 -0500
On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, John Witherspoon wrote:

> One of the public lists I maintain is regularly the target of forged
> subscription attempts from people probably trying to post inflamatory
> remarks. Fortunately, these subscription attempts are thwarted because of
> the subscription confirmation process and since I have set send=private.
>
> I am concerned that some day someone will figure out what's what and
> successfully subscribe and post something inappropriate.  My question: is
> there a way to set up settings in a header such that the first-time anyone
> posts, their post is sent first to the editor, and on subsequent posts sent
> directly to subscribers?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- John

 John
  Use the DEFAULT OPTION   Review
  Default-Options= Review
  Editor= [log in to unmask]

  All future subscribers will have their postings sent to address
  given in the Editor keyword, perhaps your address.  You will review
  the posting and forward it to your list if it is OK.  Once you have
  determined that a particular subscriber is OK and won't send
  inappropriate messages, you can change his or her subscription
  option to NOREVIEW

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of Autocat