Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 10:08:07 -0400
At 09:28 09/06/1999 Monday , Nevena Soskic wrote:
 >We would like for listserv to compare two or more lists and extract all
 >the duplicate e-mail addresses found on these lists. What I would like
 >to ask is can we get listserv to de-dupe across lists?

No can do, per say, BUT, you can create a third list that references the
other two as sublists e.g., create a new list called Super which contains
a list keywork definition of:

* SUB-LISTS= original_1,orginal_2

then email SUPER@list_host and mail should be sent only once to any
duplicate subscribes.

 >When I send the following command to listserv: REVIEW LISTNAME SHORT
 >NOHEADER BY COUNTRY, I receive list membership numbers by country. The
 >question I would like to ask in relation to this is how does listserv
 >determine where an e-mail address has come from? Is it by the .com or
 >.co.uk, for example, or is it determined by gateway?

In the good ol' days of BITNET, this feature was useful.  Now it simply
misleads. IMHO you should forget that those options exist.

/Pete