LYDIA FISH <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 08:19:05 -0500
>We do not have a piece in our rules about subscribers getting reinstated if
>20% of the subscribership votes them back in after being unsubscribed for
>breaking rules. Do most of you have that clause in your welcome notes
>enabling problem subscribers to lobby and get back on?

Dear Kathleen

Absolutely not!

The listowner has the power to function as the last of the absolutely monarchs
and it really is easier that way.

After all, people who don't like the way you run your list can always start
their own.  Vwar-l has several spinoff lists that started that way.  When a
member would become too much of a problem child I would politely suggest that
he/she really should start his/her own list and several times my advice was
taken.  Now when someone becomes particularly obnoxious I just suggest that
he/she would be *much* happier on list X or list Y.

Lydia Fish