Charles Oriez <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:10:55 -0700
At 01:42 AM 11/17/2004, Ron Gerard wrote:

> >By default, we configure announcement lists to require confirmation on
> >posting, and I have recently starting advising owners of discussion lists
> >to do the same. I am considering making it the default configuration for
> >all new lists.
> >
> >--
> >Paul Russell
>
>I see the reason for doing this, Paul. Where can I find step by step idiot-
>proof instructions for reversing the alterations made - or is this not
>possible?
>
>We are a list of less than a dozen "listowners". We have never had any
>spam on this list. We'd recognize spam. We'd deal with it. But we also
>want any member of one other list [unoff-mensa-uk-l] to be able to email
>us with their problems - and we want unknown people to be able to contact
>us to request membership [of unoff-mensa-uk-l].
>
>I trust there is a way.
>
>Ron

on listowner-l:

on unoff-mensa-uk-l

have the persons who are tasked with adding members (I assume there is a
reason they cant just subscribe by the standard method) be the recipients
of mail to the list owner mailbox.  provide links to the appropriate
mailto's on the web page where you're handing out instructions on getting
in contact.