Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 May 1998 14:09:14 -0700
At 12:43 PM -0700 5/5/98, John Witherspoon wrote:
>My position as of now is:
>
>1) Reply-to= List stimulates list traffic and facilitates list-wide
>weeks until some hot topic comes up, at which point it goes nuts)
>
>5) People should always double check where their mail is going; those who
>don't do so at their own peril
>
>6) People who don't like the policy can always get off the list

These seem the most salient points.  That said, of my two lists, one has
reply-to set to List,Respect and the other is set to Sender,Respect.  Not
only does each list function just fine with its own setting, but those
people subscribed to both lists are able to adjust and direct their mail
without confusion.  Sounds like this is your subscriber's issue rather than
the list's.

Sherry Beauchamp
Listowner
ADOPTION and XCULTUREADOPT