Daniel Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 16:03:26 GMT
Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>As for being US-centric, ...

Your point about US-centric is well-taken (and overkill -- the point is
obvious).  But you seem to have evaded entirely the fact that the
example I gave was (an attempt at) the non-US-centric +/-HHMM format.

>I'm sorry to hear that there is software that rejects mail due to invalid
>time  zones, and  I think  that software  is broken.

Let me get this straight:  LISTSERV works by validating the date field
but ignores processing the time zone;  SunOS inews validates the whole
field and is broken??  GMAB.

--
Daniel