W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 07:38:56 -0330
Mr Walters;

The message prepended to moderated messages is not entirely truthful:
LISTSERV depends on your mail program adding "Resent-" headers to the
message.  It uses this as a signal to remove the note. The problem is
the use of the word "reply";  Pine and Elm, two common mail programs
used on UNIX systems, do not, in fact, add the required headings;
instead, one needs to use the "bounce" command.  I don't know what mail
reader you are using, but I would advise you to check the online
documentation, and if that doesn't bring the desired result, check with
your Internet provider.  Incidentally, if you DO use Pine, you need to
turn "bounce" on  through the program options.

Good luck.

Bil
--
W. Schipper                         Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406