Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 09:29:19 -0500
>Sylvie McGee's (hope I got that right) is well taken.  Excessive quoting

Hear, hear!  This quoting business on lists is driving me absolutely BONKERS.
Not to mention those .sig lines ... <shudder>

>For your average list subscriber, you coax them into not doing that sort
>of thing as best you can.  But to see experienced listowners doing the

We're now trying the tactic of fowarding every "warning: mini-disk is full"
message to the list, with a brief description of which logs we are zapping
as a consequence, and a reminder that excessive quoting and frivolous (e.g.
especially "me too" and "thanks" messages) are filling up archive space and
thus driving out substantive posts that are no longer accessible for
logsearches.

(We do, btw, download the logs to our own machines, at least some of us do,
but as far as the listmembers are concerned they are lost forever, really.)

>Douglas

Mario Rups