Jacky Foo <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:45:24 +0100
kos [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
>.... it seems to me that somehow linking an
>L-Soft product and those of eGroups, or entering into a business agreement
>with them must be illegal or a breach of L-Soft's contract.
>
>Can anyone offer some specifics on this issue?

I have also been approached by the eGroups.

Doug Miller offers
>We provide an easy-to-use and robust mailing list hosting service
>for your mailing list - for free! But eGroups, Inc. is more than a
>mailing list server - it also has many powerful tools to easily
>manage your list from any browser.
>
>eGroups, Inc. consistently delivers continuous system uptime,
>and, by moving your list to eGroups, you will also be able to
>take advantage of..........

I understand from the above that e-Groups is providing a free service and
that listowners who may find their software better could just move their
lists to eGroups. Such a move is a decision of the listowner and the offer
looks perfectly legal to me !.

Kos : Could you please elaborate further on why moving a list from e.g.
LISTSERV or Majordomo to eGroups is considered illegal or a breach of
L-Soft's contract.

regards
Jacky