Thu, 15 Dec 1994 23:33:01 -0600
Several people, privately and on the list, have told me that the latest
version of Pine has the "bounce" feature enabled.  Before I start
pestering the systems folk for the upgrade to 3.91 I have a question:
Has Pico been modified so it doesn't insert the extra CR/LF ?  In
other words, can you use it to delete files from the filelist, or
do you still have to use vi for that?  I ask, as what program developers
tell you is one thing, and how it *really* works is another.  Nothing
like practical experience.

As to the "thank you"s, thank you, and you're welcome, but I think it
got a bit out of proportion. Oh, and thank you so much for that
nice reminder of how to retrieve all the stupid things I've said the
past few years.  You'll get your's one of these days, Mr. Weiss. ;-)

If thanks is due to anyone, it is to all the people on this list who
have helped me in the past.  Without them I would have virtually nothing
to pass on to others.  The thanks should go to people like Marty Hoag,
Nathan Brindle, Jim Gerland, Natalie Maynor, Nick Laflamme, Mario Rups,
Anita Cohen-Williams, Eleftheria, Anthea, Keith Trimmer, Jim Jones, etc.
(sorry if I forgot anyone) and very especially Melvin Klassen and
Peter Weiss.  And, of course, Eric.  Without them I would have little
to pass on to others in my bumbling fashion.

To "newbies," don't be afraid of Eric.  His bark can be very nasty but
he really doesn't bite.  We've had some unpleasant exchanges, but he's
always ready to help me if I really need his help.

Douglas
        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L