Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:29:24 -0400
>> message for every new subscriber.  How do I turn off the carbon copies to
>> the list owner for messages that are sent automatically to list
>> subscribers?  Thanks.
>
>Bill.. go to the web page interface.. this is MUCH easier way to
>deal with a list's
>MAILTPL then doing it via email [thanks again lsoft!]..
>
>login.. and then click on the EDIT MAIL and WWW TEMPLATES
>
>then look for these files:
>
>You have been added to the &LISTNAME list [ADD1]
>
>You are now subscribed to the &LISTNAME list [SIGNUP1]
>
>Click on EDIT FORM button..
>
>look for the following line in each of those files..
>
>.re owners
>
>DELETE IT.. then click on UPDATE button.
>
>.. from the listowner manual:
>
>    ".RE OWNERS    Adds a 'Reply-To:' field pointing to the list
>    owners in the header of the generated message. Use this
>    command when you think users are likely to want to reply
>    with a question. "

I think that this answers a different question from the one asked.
.RE OWNERS doesn't mean that a copy of the message LISTSERV sends
will go to the owners; it means that any _replies_ to that message
will go to the owners.  For the welcoming message, that's probably
desirable.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc