Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Jul 1994 02:51:36 +0200
On Wed, 13 Jul 1994  18:46:18 EDT Carl Reimann <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>I don't  tell Word Perfect  `okay, now format  that just so  using codes
>LAKSJDFLKNALDH', no. I just say "Print". The smart program knows what to
>do after that point.

Wordperfect is  a graphical, interactive  program. It should do  what you
expect it to do. If  it is not sure, it can pop up a  box and ask you. If
it didn't do what  you thought it would, you can  always press the Cancel
button or select Undo. LISTSERV is  a non-interactive server. If you tell
it X, it should do X, always,  so that user interfaces that send commands
to it (and the other LISTSERVs,  too) don't have to worry about bypassing
the latest AI.

  Eric