"Menge, Oliver" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:44:49 +0100
Hello,

I became List-Owner of a list with about 2000 subscribers not long ago.
I hope not to ask any faqs, but if I do, please excuse me.

I have a number of subscribers (all of one free-mail-provider), who do
not receive single postings, but I also do not receive any bounces.
They receive postings if I either switch them to digest or to
FULL822-Headers. The provider claims not to block any messages.
Any ideas, what to do to find out what's going wrong here?

Another question (probably related to the first) asppeared, while I tried
to track the described problem. I - as list owner - subscribed a
nonexistent e-mail address of this provider to my list with

SUBSCRIBE MYLIST [log in to unmask]

I successfully confirmed the request and expected to get the
welcome-message bounced. But the bounce goes only to the postmaster of the
MX, which sends out my mails. No bounce goes to the address in the
Error-To:-field of the list header. From normal postings I get some
bounces, but have the suspicion, that I do not get all? Could that be and
for what reason?

If more information is needed, I will gladly provide it.

Thanks in advance,

Oliver Menge

Oliver Menge - mailto:[log in to unmask]
IT-Support JOE-List
(Junge Osteuropa Experten)
http://www.joe-list.de