Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:42:29 -0400
>We have a listserv member whose mail server intercepts some (not
>all!) of the list mail as SPAM. :-/
>
>It sends the bounce message with the "from" address of the subscriber
>- example below - so it gets distributed to the full list. Any
>suggestions on how to intercept these -other than putting the
>member's postings on a moderated status?
>
>>  ===================================================
>>
>>  MHDC NETWORK HAS INTERCEPTED THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE
>>
>>  Filtered Message Reason:  SPAM/Content (SLR)
>>
>>  Original Message Status:  >> quarantined <<
>>
>>  ===================================================
>>

>>  The network considered the originally attempted message as unsolicited
>>  email due to the content.  Additionally, the message may have been sent
>>  under a false name.
>

>TIA,
>
>Kathy

If your mailing list is hosted on a LISTSERV 1.8e server, you can use
the new content filter feature to reject messages containing the
phrase "MHDC NETWORK HAS INTERCEPTED THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE" (for
instance).  See
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/relnotes/v18e-own.html#contentfilter
and http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.html#_Toc9154203
for details.

If you're running 1.8d or earlier then I can't think of an easy solution.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
  LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.