Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Russell Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Sep 2018 18:31:46 +0000
text/plain (27 lines)
Thanks for the responses.

Larry and Pete suggest turning off auto-delete, which would solve the problem in future, but won't let me solve the immediate issue, which is figuring out how serious this is. How many subscribers have been auto-deleted over the past few months for bounced emails? If they're only a couple, or only ones at that institution, I'll know more about where and how important this is. F.J. Kelley asks,

> Has IBM been contacted?  You don't identify the List, but as I recall, there are 
	> a number of MVS lists.  Whether this is one, I cannot say, but, whether it is or 
	> not,  I would think it is something IBM might be concerned about as well.  If a 
	> filter has been misconfigured (for example), it might happen to other lists.  

I don't know about this; according to the admin at the server where the email was bounced,

> We are using Barracuda as our mail gateway, which using IBM's Coboin as one of the 
	> spam filter source. The listserver hosting the  . . .  list (IP#) has been 
	> flagged high rate of SPAM by Coboin repeatedly. That's why the delivery was rejected, 
	> which caused the list automatically removed [user's] address.

He has suggested the admin at the host of the list contact IBM; I'm hoping they will, and that this will solve the problem. I'd still like to have an idea how widespread the problem has been (ideally, a list of blocked users so I could email them and asked if they'd wanted to be blocked).

-- Russ

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2