Ian Fairclough <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:06:10 -0500
Dear LSTOWN-L readers,

Thanks for the many helpful messages replying to mine of yesterday.  I sent
a "Get" command to retrieve the list header, replaced the "Send= Editor"
with "Send= Editor,Hold" as so many of you suggested, and then sent the
header back with a "Put" command.  In response, listserv sent me the
following:
_________
... The following problems have been detected in the list header:

* Owner= <Missing>
Error: The "Owner=" keyword has no default value and may not be omitted.

* Notebook= ...
Error: The first two parameters of the "Notebook=" keyword may only be
updated by the LISTSERV administrator.

Please refer to the list keyword documentation (available via the "INFO
KEYWORDS" command) for more information about keyword syntax.

PUT operation rejected, old list remains unchanged.
___________
I'm puzzled by this response, because I made no other change to the header.
I issued another "Get" command, looked at the Owner= and Notebook= lines,
and both appear to be intact.

I got the INFO KEYWORDS and did a "find" command throughout each for the two
terms Owner= and Notebook= but didn't see anything wrong.  Just in case, I
edited the header again and sent it off with another Put command, and got
the same response.

Can anyone say what might have gone wrong?  - Ian P.S. It's Listserv 1.8e

Ian Fairclough
Listowner, DEWEYERROR list
Marion Public Library