Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:37:53 -0400
Russ Hunt wrote:

>subscribing to lists does seem an inefficient way to monitor this
>sort of thing, especially for lists whose archives are public.

I have no doubt it is the most efficient way to achieve their objectives.
Remember they exist "to tell companies what consumers, businesses and the
media were saying online about their products, company, and competitors."
They need to do this in real time. No way do they read all the posts, but
they would have software that looks for key words. Then kicks out posts
with them in them.

Don.