Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:23:26 -0500
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Stan Horwitz wrote:
> If you are asking how to change the email address that's associated with a
> particular list subscription, then the command is:
>
>    change listname oldaddr newaddr

But, watch out if there is a "/" in either address.  The CHANGE command
does not recognize "/" as a valid address component (though other
commands, such as ADD do).  If it is a component of the original
address you can use workarounds, such as properly used wildcard ("*"),
but if you are trying to change *to* an address which contains "/"
your are flat out of luck.  DELETE the old and do ADD for the new;
QUIET or not as you please.

This nonrecognition by CHANGE of "/" as a valid address component is
a distinct flaw.  All the other commands, which I have used, pertaining
to subscription addresses recognize "/" as a valid address component.
Why is CHANGE the oddball?  Can this not be fixed?

Douglas