Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:28:37 -0500
Gary Frishman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Can anyone give me suggestions on how to either
> 1) edit the forwarded Email in Novel Groupwise program (I don't have
access to any other email programs) or
> 2) have the list serve program recognize the email address of the original
email (present in the body but not "from" box of the email).

I'm pretty certain you'll not find either.  What I had to do was:

1) setup a 2nd email address which I use purely for my moderator tasks.

2) use a different email program which will allow me to edit the original
text, while keeping the headers intact.

#2 is really the tricky part as finding such a program is VERY difficult.
The only one that *really* works well is Mailbook, which runs only on VM/CMS
systems.  However, if your email is setup to use IMAP rather than POP, *and*
you have shell access, you can use a program like Pegasus to forward those
messages you don't have to edit, leaving those you need to tweak on the
server.  Edit the /var/spool/mail/moderator-userid file (assuming a un*x
system) being careful to edit the text and not mung-up the headers.  Then go
back into Pegasus and send the modified messages.

Geez, I really wish a Pop3/Imap client would allow a Resend/Bounce *and*
allow the text to be edited first....

Chris Barnes                                AOL IM:  cnbarnes
[log in to unmask]                       ICQ:     3581645