Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 15:37:57 GMT
On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:01:32 -0400, Amy Farley <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>This error indicates that the list has been locked because the list owner
>has exceeded their disk space allowed.  Please contact WWWW-request if you
>would like to get a message to the owner of the list.
>

>On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Lori Cmelak wrote:
>
>> Help!!!!!  Now what do I do?????

It is likely that Lori IS the List Owner of WWWW-L but has never seen
this message before.  Amy's answer is correct in that the list is 'on
Hold' because the disk space quota for archives has been reached.

The solution is for the List Owner (probably Lori) to contact
[log in to unmask] to arrange an increase in disk quota size (at a small
additional cost).  The alternative is for the List Owner to delete some
of the older archive files to free up space.

The way to check on your disk space allotment is to send a command to the
List Command Address:  [log in to unmask]

one line msg:   SHOW QUOTA

You don't need to identify which list you are wanting, but you must use
your List Owner email address.  (I assume LISTSERV(tm) 'looks up' your
address, finds the listname associated with it.)   In a few minutes
you'll get back something like this:

> show quota
Directory            Quota  Usage
E:\FTP\LISTS\DPRV-L     4M   518k  (12.6%)

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]