Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:39:59 -0500
On 30 Nov 2007 at 11:21, Christophe DORE wrote:

> how can we control that people who register are allowed to (for
> instance, by checking that they have an email within the company)?

For registering a password, you can't. However, it's also not necessary to
control that. Using a password helps LISTSERV confirm that you are the owner
(or at least have access to) the email address you are using. It does not
confer any rights or privileges. Permissions are tied to the email address
alone. There are various ways to limit which email addresses may subscribe and
view list archives and otherwise interact with LISTSERV.

The following list keywords may be of interest (look them up in the Web
Interface list configuration Wizard or in the List Keyword Reference on the
Documentation page [http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp]):

Subscription
    Controls whether people can subscribe themselves or must be added by the
    list owner

Service
Local
    Use these keywords to limit which email addresses can subscribe. E.g.
    only email addresses from your company.

Review
    Set this to Owners unless you have a darned good reason to let subscribers
    know who else is on the list (in the latter case, it can be Private, but
    don't ever use Public)

Notebook
    Controls who can view the list archives. You can use Private if you
    want only subscribers to view the archived messages, or Service if
    you want to allow anyone from the Service area (defined by Service)
    to view them regardless of whether they are subscribed.

Send
    Controls who can send messages to the list, and whether messages should
    be moderated and/or confirmed by the sender.

You may want to look through the Introductory List Owner's Manual to get a jump
start. Welcome to LISTSERV!

--
Francoise Becker

LISTSERV(R) - real software, real results.
See LISTSERV in action:
http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv_flash_demo.asp