Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 19:55:50 -0500
Pat Letendre writes:

> I am currently running a list using listserv on vm; unfortunately,  vm will
> end at my facility sometime in the next year. If any of you have experience
> using listserv on both vm and unix, I would appreciate hearing your
> opinions(private e-mail is okay) on which listserv functions(availablet on
> vm but currently *not* available on unix) that you miss most. Regards,Pat

        Among the listserv software available now on unix is the unix
version of the same software you're using on VM, the software developed by
Eric Thomas and now marketed by LSoft.  My understanding is that all the
functions available on the VM version are available on the unix counterpart
except for the database search capabilities.  If I'm mistaken, I hope
someone will let me know, since I think it's only a matter of time before
my list, too, will be asked to shift to unix and I'd like to know what I'm
in for.  Also, if anyone has any more up-to-date information about the
availability of database search capabilities on the unix version, I'd
appreciate your letting me know.  Probably a public posting would be
appropriate, since I suspect I'm not the only one interested in these
issues.

        Joan Korenman        Internet: [log in to unmask]
                             Bitnet:   korenman@umbc