Helge Niska <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:40:21 +0100
> You don't say how your list is set up.  One thing you could do
> is put in your Default-options=    the keyword REVIEW.  If only
> subscribers can post that will catch him regardless of the address
> he subscribes from and you can kill the item before it reaches the list.
> Legit subscribers, just set them to NOREVIEW as they post.

Sorry, I forgot. The settings are
Review= Private   Subscription= Open,Confirm   Send= Public
 Reply-to= List,Respect   Confirm-Delay= 10   Ack= No
 Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Probe(90)   Confidential= No
 Notebook= Yes,LISTS:[LANTRA-L],Weekly,Public   Default-
Options= Repro
 Validate= No    Daily-Threshold= 400    Sizelim= 250
 Renewal= 6-Monthly,Delay(14)  Errors-to= Owner.

I guess I could try Send= Private; I did that once, but it was very
time-consuming to take care of error messages and send out
instructions on how to (re)subscribe from several addresses etc.
Review by default is also not an option because of the high volume,
250-350 messages per day. I would really like to have a more
sophisticated way of stopping messages automatically than the
From-address filter.

Helge.
[log in to unmask], Tolk- och  vers ttarinstitutet / Institute for Interpretation and Translation studies, Stockholms unive
rsitet, S-106 91 Stockholm. Tel. +468162000. Fax +468161396. Home phone & fax +46854067243. <http://lisa.tolk.su.se/defhelge.ht
ml>