David Stodolsky <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 20:27:37 +0100
In Regards to your letter <[log in to unmask]>:
> >         I've always been told that viruses are not transmitted via email
> > messages but rather through executable files that one downloads via ftp or
> > transfers from a floppy disk.  Is that incorrect?  Can a normal text
> > message communicate a virus via email?

First, this doesn't sound like a virus. But that term is also often
misused to apply to trojan horse type programs. A well know mail related
one will send itself to all persons in your alias file.

Second, a recent risks digest (16.58?) contained an article in which
a message containing only ascii characters could be executed on a
PC.

dss

David S. Stodolsky, PhD               Internet: [log in to unmask]
Tornskadestien 2, st. th.       (C)         Tel.: + 45 38 33 03 30
DK-2400 Copenhagen NV, Denmark               Fax: + 45 38 33 88 80