Clark Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 20:36:39 -0700
As a HOME.COM subscriber myself, I can report that the problem was a bit
more global than Cleo reported and Francine theorized.

It appeared to me that HOME.COM was down entirely for several hours
Wednesday morning.  I first became aware when one of my fellow
Co-Adminstrators tried to send me several private messages that bounced.
She forwarded the messages, including the error language, to me at one of
my other addresses.  I didn't keep any of the messages, but the gist of
the errors were "No service available" or something similar.  When I got
home and checked my incoming messages, there was a several hour gap in
delivery of messages.

When we received the Daily error monitoring report for that day, my
address was on it with the following error message:

  2 06/17 06/17 Clark Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
                Last error: SMTP; 553 Bogus message-IDs not allowed!

I have never seen this particular wording before, and it is not
spam-related as the message Cleo referred to was.  I have no idea what it
is supposed to mean, but I am not worrying about it.

To me, the bottom line is that all HOME.COM e-mail was down for several
hours Wednesday morning.  This was transient, and it was over later that
day.  It resulted in some strange error messages that never happened
before and probably won't happen again.  Don't worry about it.

==
Best wishes,

Clark Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Co-Administrator, EEAC Web Site and mailing lists
http://www.eeadopt.org