Patrick von der Hagen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 12:14:43 +0200
Am Donnerstag, den 01.09.2005, 09:29 -0400 schrieb [log in to unmask]:
[...]
> And you think any other list management software will operate any
> differently?  Imitation is sincerest form of flattery (well, perhaps after
Yes, I verified that mailman works differently (and in my circumstances
better). I don't know about other alternatives like sympa, but might
have a look at it later.

> If that you are looking for is something that builds a header like
>
> To: Person1, Person2
> cc: ListMember1, ListMember2 ... ListMemberN
>
> then you should look at something that can automate group management in
> your native mail system (Notes/Exchange/Groupwise/etc).
No, that's certainly not what I'm looking for.

Abuse and postmaster both have a public listserv-mailinglist. Abuse gets
a complaint related to e-mail and the abuse-staff replys "this issue is
to be handled by postmaster" and sents this reply TO the original sender
with CC to postmaster, so the issue can be handled.
Of course, when the postmaster-team reads the e-mail, the information
regarding the original recipient in the TO-header is lost and recovery
of that information is cumbersome. Regularly someone forgets to manually
add someone to Cc who is no list-member but has received a CC somewhere
in the discussion...
--
CU,
   Patrick.