Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 10:03:06 -0400
On Sat, 6 Jul 1996, Mauri Collins wrote:

> I am moderator of DEOS-L and over the past few days, list members have
> been complaining that they are receiving duplicate postings of deos-l
> messages, but the 2nd copy comes from [log in to unmask]
>
> That is not a "good" address...there was, however a newserver (?)
> with this address subscribed to deos-l:
>
> [log in to unmask] University of Maine

        I don't know how it happens, but it happened on my list, too
(I don't think the usually right Douglas Winship is correct in his
explanation, since my list is set to REVIEW=OWNER).  What's worse--
the error messages were going to the *posters* rather than to the
Errors-to address, creating more confusion.  I quickly realized that
the discovery.umeres.maine.edu subscriber was the cause of the
problem and deleted that address.  If you ever get a response from
the postmaster, you might tell him/her that the problem was widespread.

        Best wishes,

        Joan

*    Joan Korenman                [log in to unmask]                         *
*    U. of Md. Baltimore County                                             *
*    Baltimore, MD 21228-5398     http://www-unix.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/  *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *