Michael Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:47:17 -0500

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:18:30 -0400, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>It means that some anti-spam software rule was B.A.D. -- broken as
>designed i.e., a false-postive in this particular case.
>/pete

I've been getting this on my list from time to time when LISTSERV tries to
impose a hanging indent on the Subject line, a practice which is as
outdated as 80-column monospaced text and unncessarily trips spam
detectors like the one above.

> Subject: text text text text text text text text text
>          text text text

which looks like this to some spam detectors when superfluous whitespace
characters are made visible as "_":

"text text text text text text text text text ____________text text text"

Is the feature that inserts spaces into the Subject line likely to be
removed in the future?

--
Michael