Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 17:05:37 -0400
> >wants off.  If not  you can  ask, with  most mail  programs it's  easy to
> >include a "canned" reply in your message and customize it as needed.
>
> Which of course you can do by e-mailing the listserv
> GIVE listname FAREWELL deleteduserid@node
> /Pete Weiss, Penn State

Couldn't you also do
        FOR user@node UNSUB listname
? ... I suppose it would be a problem if CONFIRM were turned on, but other-
wise  it should do  a normal  unsubscription,  sending out the farewell and
everything ...

Norm
--
SUPERMODEL CINDY CRAWFORD, ON COURAGE: "They were doing a full back shot of
me in a swimsuit  and I thought, Oh  my God, I  have to  be so brave.  See,