Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Jul 1994 16:22:32 EDT
>I'm trying to help out the listowner by explaining error messages, but
>this one has me stumped.  I've checked the subscriptions, and there
>are no visible stray '"'... so what's the problem here?
>-------------( Forwarded letter follows )-----------------------
>From:  @MSU.EDU <LISTSERV>
>Subject: NASU-L: error report from MSU.ED
>Unable to deliver mail to some/all recipients.
>050 RCPT TO:<[log in to unmask]">
>501 Syntax Error. Unexpected Token '"'
>RCPT TO:<[log in to unmask]">

   The NASU-L list has "RLEBARRE" subscribed twice, once correctly and
   once with a trailing double quote.  Remove the latter subscription
   and all will be well.  :-)

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]