Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:26:55 -0600
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, martin wrote:
> I'm pretty new to the listserve and am trying to
> create an announce only list.  When I try and post, I
> am rejected even though I am an owner.

There are many different rejection notices.  A copy of the one you received
would be helpful.

Have you checked to see if you are set NOPOST?  Do a QUERY listname
to check.  If you are set NOPOST, your list's default, do a POST
command for yourself.  NOPOST, far as I know, doesn't care whether
you are listed as OWNER= or not, only is your address set POST/NOPOST.

That is what I would check first, given the NOPOST list default.
Another, have you been served out?

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]