Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 07:31:36 -0700
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:06:51 -0800, Ian Fairclough
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If there are further categories I'll be very happy to know about them.

I am reminded by a colleague about Auto-Response lists.  This also has no
subscribers, but the templates are configured to give an auto-response to
anyone who sends a message to the list address.  At least one ski resort in
Colorado used to use this for snow reports.  Nowadays they use Twitter and
Facebook for this, but at one time they did use LISTSERV.