"Kevin J. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 10:58:25 -0700
My post generated several responses about the 'renewal' option in
Listserv.  Yes, I understand that option - but I don't want my entire
list to undergo that.  If I could direct the renewal option to just the
NOMAIL subscribers, that would be great!  I would do that once a quarter.
I could manually delete them and send a personal note to each to
resubscribe... but that would be a lot of work.

I have some cancer lists, and easy as it might seem to experienced users,
having to do the renewal will be too much for some of them; they would
just drift off, yet they would rather stay on if it were easy.  If they
have just been in the hospital and are very sick the last thing they want
is to be hassled by the list.  Some of them cannot even subscribe; they
need help with the commands.

Can the renewal be directed to individual users, or subsets of users by
using a wildcard?

I prefer a solution where I, the list owner, can as easily as possible
manage the NOMAILS without bothering the regular subscribers.

Kevin

(SIGNATURE) Kevin J. Sinclair,  [log in to unmask],  USA Pacific Time Zone
* OWNER: These five Internet mailing lists; email for info to the address:
*   1.  [log in to unmask]    -  WWW Encyclopedia made by children
*   2.  [log in to unmask]  -  Searching for Medical Information
*   3.  [log in to unmask]     -  Cancer, Prostatitis, BPH diseases
*   4.  [log in to unmask]      -  Leukemia, Lymphoma, and M.Myeloma
*   5.  [log in to unmask]      -  Ovarian Problem's Discussion List

          "The day is short, and there is much work to be done"